Leadership in the Four-Generation Workplace
For the first time we now have four generations
in the workplace.
It's crowded in there! This program focuses on traits
specific to each generation, and, most importantly,
what leaders and managers need to understand about the generations'
interactions, issues, styles and preferences to create a productive
and cooperative workplace environment. This program can be delivered
in a half-day or full-day format, or virtually in a series of TeleForums.
We have had enthusiastic response and feedback from our workshops and
keynote presentations on multi-generational issues.
If you would like to receive additional information about the four generations
in the workplace contact
Judy and indicate that you are interested in this topic.
- Who are the four generations? We see some variation in the labels
and dates used, with the following commonly understood:
- The Silent Generation was born before 1946
- Baby Boomers were born between 1946 and 1964
- Gen Xers were born between 1965 and 1980
- Millennials (sometimes called Gen Yers or Generation Next) were
born after 1981
- How do we recognize them, if not by age or hierarchy? How do common
experiences shape the personality of a generation?
- What are the challenges of leadership, management and team development
that pertain to each generation?
- How do we best coach each generation individually and in groups?
- What pitfalls can we anticipate in our coaching?
- Additional resources, research and suggested workshops and presentations
will be discussed.
to return to Corporations & Organizations.
to return to
Programs, Classes & Groups.